Bozeman is an outdoor lover’s paradise. All year round there are endless activities to enjoy in the outdoors including hiking, skiing, fishing and so much more. Even when you’re ready to take a break from enjoying nature, there are also plenty of “indoor” activities offered in Bozeman. Although there are hundreds of enjoyable activities to indulge in, here are our top ten things to do in Bozeman:
Top Ten Things To Do In Bozeman:
- Hyalite Canyon – this is a local recreation must-see, offering outdoor activities for every season. Fishing the reservoir, hiking to palisade and grotto waterfalls, camping and paddle boarding are all summer favorites. In the winter, Hyalite is a ice climbing Mecca. Ice fishing is also another popular winter activity.
- Downtown Bozeman – To get a real sense of the spirit of Bozeman, take a stroll down beautiful Main Street. With many locally owned restaurants, boutiques, coffee shops & art galleries there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Museum of the Rockies – Museum of the Rockies is located near the Montana State University Campus. The museum features rotating exhibits from around the world, permanent indoor and outdoor regional history exhibits, planetarium shows, educational programs, insightful lectures, benefit events, and a museum store.
- Bozeman Hot Springs – Bozeman Hot Springs is a wonderful place for a nice hot soak all year round. Newly updated facilities multiple hot pools of varying temperatures. Here you’ll often find a local food truck and live evening music in the summertime.
- Hiking the “M” – Visible from almost anywhere in Bozeman the large “M” is a very popular hike. A quick hike close to town, making your way to the “M” offers stunning views of the valley.
- Floating the Rivers – Head to the banks of the Yellowstone, Gallatin, or Madison Rivers to soak in Montana’s natural beauty. Cast a line and catch some fish as well.
- Bridger Bowl Ski Area – Located just 16 miles from Downtown Bozeman, this wonderful ski area offers terrains for beginners to experts.
- Bozeman Community Events – Hosted throughout the year, Bozeman offers a variety of enjoyable community events. From live music, to art festivals and more. Sweetie Festival, Music on Main and Bobcat Fest are a few of the local favorites.
- Bridger Creek Golf Course – This beautiful course was named one fo the “top 10 places to golf in Montana” by Golf Digest. During the winter, the course is enjoyed by cross country skiers.
- Activities for Kids – Downtown Bozeman features a wonderful museum for kids – Children’s Museum of Bozeman. This hands-on museum offers exhibits for kids of all ages.
Bozeman is so packed full of wonderful things to experience and see, it’s difficult to create a list of Top Ten Things To Do In Bozeman. We hope this list inspires you get out there and enjoy this wonderful town!